Good day, David W. here. As you may see there are large gaps to no posts of things to do as well as photo posts. This is because I suck bawls and I think Tom P. is over it once again, and I can’t blame him. It’s all hand coded and I’m sure he thought I would have the more automated system done by now. Which was starting to require a coding level I’m not familiar with. I will need some more time and help for that. As for the regular hand written things to do, it may just be on primary days plus recommended events and fliers.
Here’s a timeline graph of our history (Sorta based on data)
I really wanted this to work out, I wanted to keep this going. But I can also say that there are at least 5 people who said they want to contribute and never did. That’s getting old fast. Maybe it’s because there’s not actually anything going on anymore. I did see a fire show that melted my face though, and no one took pictures.
If anyone wants to help do things to do don’t hesitate to email me. Perks include getting free cover at places that appreciate the promotion. Hell, if anyone cares at all to help this site, let me know. I need some photos! Email: email@example.com
Here’s some local news
- This last Artwalk was good. Artwalk goers enjoyed new popup galleries. Here are some Times-Union photos on Jacksonville.com of such places. Related Facebook page to Like; ‘ArtInStrangePlaces‘.
- Haiku Birdie was on the cover, and haiku interviewed in last week’s issue of Folio Weekly. This is super cool and makes me proud. Read the full issue here.
- Burro and Eyes Wide Awake Artist collaborate on t-shirt designs. Look at photos here, read more from us here.
- Lomax Lodge and Underbelly are now both closed. It’s been good you guys. There’s a new place for Lomax Lodge for a opening in fall but it isn’t clear to me where it will be yet. If you know, comment here. As for Underbelly, they are scouting while weighing the options.
- Upcoming bike riders Facebook events, ‘TUESDAY NIGHT BIKE RIDES!‘, ‘R.A.M. RIDE‘, ‘Bakers Dozen Ride/pub crawl‘, ‘Critical Mass‘, ‘Midnight Garden Ride – Presented by Michelob Ultra‘ (Savannah, GA).
- Go Local Jax (GoLo) posted an article featuring the on going beatification of Springfield by SAMBA-Jax and associated foundations as well as a showcase of the native restaurant Caribbean Stone. I particularly enjoy the outside redesign drafts provided by Contend Design Group on the location, as well as various Jacksonville buildings.
- I’m enjoying the new blog Terrible Renters Jax. Just renters posting past/current tenants from hell is deliciously controversial. Not to leave out, a rant on JEA.
- jaxtypeblog.com continues to showcase Jacksonville sign typography. This is a neat idea and shows some of the typographic beauties of our city from past to present. Don’t hesitate to SUBMIT your photo to them.
- Money Jungle Safari Blog posts a article touching topics of our current debt crisis and ideas for the future of our nation.
- WTF is this local blog cultureonastick.com? Now you know.
- Not local, but a great site I found, get audio and visually high, man….
- ABOVE: Birdie & Edbot5000 join forces with the ‘Thrift Core’ blog to post ‘The Types of Thrifters: An Irreverent Character Study‘. Hilarious and they’re doing it again with your help.
Show Comments (3)